Wednesday 5 February 2014

My Makeup Storage


Hello! Excuse the open Mac lipstick and the M&M's! This weekend, I have been in a desperate 'I need to sort out my storage' mission and I have finally found the perfect solution! Compared to how cluttered my desk and drawer were prior to my clean out, I have done a fantastic job if I do say so myself! I have my everyday makeup stored in my black makeup bag from Primark, I keep all of my makeup brushes (Real Techniques and Bundle Monster) in a clean Jam jar. I've separated all of my cosmetic extras (such as my hairspray and deodorants) on the left side of my mirror, and my skin products (such as Peaches and Clean and Garnier toner) on the right side. On the left you can see a set of drawers which I have very artistically (see the sarcasm?) painted with flowers- this stores my nail art brushes/tools, samples and nail files. On top of that is a small tray that I keep cotton rounds, cosmetic mirrors and more nail files in. Now onto my middle drawer...


Before my clean out, this drawer was the most cluttered part of my room as I would just throw anything in there as an attempt of 'cleaning my room'. After tidying my desk, I ventured into the city with my dad to get drawer dividers and stumbled across these small boxes in Clas Olsen. In each pack I got 3 of the larger boxes and 3 smaller boxes- I got 2 of these packs and an extra 4 smaller boxes; these were on offer for 3 for 2 and all together came to £9. I got inspiration for this form of storage from VelvetGh0st (you can see here makeup storage video here) and I think it's so easy to organise and see each product clearly. I have divided my products into categories so I can organise them easily without getting confused on where everything is! For example, I have all of my mascaras together, my lip balms, and palettes. I would definitely recommend this type of storage to any makeup hoarder as it makes it look like I have less makeup- therefore I have an excuse to buy more!!!!

How do you store your makeup?

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...