Monday 5 August 2013

Essie Summer 2013 Collection

 Recently I went up into Norwich city (my hometown) with my dad to get some last minute holiday goodies before friday. I took this opportunity to grab the trio of this years Essie Summer Collection, and boy was I pleased. A normal Essie polish retails for £7.99 and this trio was £12.99. I originally only wanted 'Sunday Funday' (the middle colour in the trio), but I found the trio and fell in love with 'Naughty Nautical' (the left colour) and decided to buy the trio as it was cheaper. Although the polish bottles are smaller (5ml) than an average Essie polish (13.5 ml), I still thought you'd get a good amount of product inside it. The pack comes with 3 of the 6 polishes from the Summer Collection: Naughty Nautical, a deep turquoise, Sunday Funday, a pinky peach, and Full Steam Ahead, a pastel lavender. All 3 polishes have small particles of shimmer in them, this isn't noticeable in the picture above, but here are some swatches...
The shimmer still isn't really that visible in the swatches but it is there, I promise! I haven't seen a colour that resembles that of 'Naughty Nautical' and it is very unique in my huuuge collection. Although, 'Full Steam Ahead' is very similar to Topshops 'Parma Violet' (which I own), and 'Sunday Funday' is a shimmer version of Essie's own 'Peach Daiquiri' (I also have that too...starting to worry about my obsession...). As always, these polishes have a great formulation which all Essie products have. They are 2 coats opaque and don't take ages to dry! I am in love with Sunday Funday as it looks great with a tan! I am currently sporting 'Naughty Nautical' on my nails and it hasn't chipped yet and looks fab! Will hopefully be buying the full size bottles of my favourites and maybe some others in the collection, as long as they're still on sale when I get back from holiday!!

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...