Tuesday 30 July 2013

Salt Texturising Spray Comparison

So any of you who are up to date in the newest trends will know that salt sprays are the only texturising tool you need this summer. Forget the days of spending hours trying to tame and straighten your unruly hair, just bang one of these in your hair and you're good to go! I've heard the rave about the Toni & Guy salt spray which is a bit splurgy at the price of £7.19 for a hair product (in my opinion). So I decided to go out on the hunt for a great texturising spray which is more on budget. I picked up these 2 products at different times as one of them didnt satisfy me completely. These 2 products are the 'Schwarzkopf got2b beach matt texturizing salt spray' and 'L'oreal studio matt and messy spray'.

Firstly, I walked upon the Schwarzkopf product as it was on offer for £3.50 (RRP £4.49). As the spray was in quite a large bottle (200ml) I thought I was getting my moneys worth. The product promises 'mermaid look hair in seconds', sadly, it didn't live up to its expectations. The spray itself is more of a liquid gloop rather than a spray consistency, the actual product doesn't dissolve into your hair leaving it sticky. This isn't the only disappointing factor to this concoction. The smell of the spray isn't too distinctive which I personally don't like. There are small particles of salt in the spray which cling to your clothes and hair while applying it. Unfortunately, the product doesn't offer a clean application. I found that the spray is quite difficult to aim into my hair as it flies out at random angles, this causes a lot of mess across my desk and wardrobe (more cleaning, ugh). Overall, this product doesn't give defined waves, but gives a lot of hassle and cleaning to the owner. Not a good buy for the price.

Fortunately, today I found the L'oreal Studio spray and picked it up for a nifty £1.96 (RRP £3.65, good ol' Superdrug and it's offers). Though the bottle is smaller (150ml), it is more compact and easy to use. I find that the spherical shape of the bottle fits into my palm perfectly enabling me a more accurate application. The consistency of the spray is very thin and airy, which is what us girls look for in a good styling product, it dries very quickly in your hair not leaving it sticky and heavy. I think that the smell of the product is very pleasant and sweet, it smells quite like a perfume! Honestly, I don't think I could rave about this product enough!! I've only had it about 6 hours and I love it to pieces already! It is soooo much better than the Schwarzkopf product by  long shot, it is cheaper and has a much better consistency and smell. Also, the L'oreal product offers a more promising concept, and achieves it fantastically. I found that the Studio spray gives more beachy waves and still leaves your hair quite straight giving it more of a tousled effect.

So, if you're going to go looking for a texturising spray, definitely avoid the Schwarzkopf Matt Spray. I would seriously reccommend the L'oreal Studio spray, and maybe to try the Fudge Salt Spray as I've heard only good things about it (even if it is a bit more pricey at £8.50). I hope this post has given you more of a clear idea of which products to plomp for if you're looking for a new hair styling product for this summer. Have a good summer guys!

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...