Sunday 13 October 2013

My Music Taste

I hope you guys don't mind, but I want to change this blog up a bit so it isn't just fashion, I want to include some other cultural factors. Due to work experience opportunities, I want to keep my blog as broad as I possibly can, therefore I'm incorporating my music taste into this post.

My music taste is so varied it's unbelievable but my eyes have been opened to the world of NME recently (thank heavens for that). This guy at my school asked me to go see Peace with him, I had no idea who they were but I wanted to go none the less! After a quick google, spotify and download later, I fell in love with Peace (pictured central). Think Arctic Monkeys and Two Door Cinema Club mashed together, ah perfect. I've now got a ticket and I'm seeing them on December 10th!

Another girl on Instagram (who goes to my school) posts a lot about Swim Deep (pictured bottom), so I thought 'd check them out too...wow. Who would have thought that Instagram was such a musical hub?! Their music videos are seriously to die for, beautiful stuff.

Lastly, another band called Palma Violets (pictured top...I'm doing this in the worst order aren't I) are touring at Norwich next month and I'm eager to go to that one too! I'm a bit gig crazy at the moment...it is gig season anyway! But I have actually only heard one of Palma Violet's songs, but I have downloaded their debut album (180) to gear up my lyrical know-how.

I'm interested to know if any of you guys have got a similar music taste to me. I reaaally want someone to talk to who I can swap songs with! I think it would be really sweet to talk to you guys and help each other out.

Sorry again if you don't want me to change my blog straight away, but there will still be fashion posts I promise! It's just that I'm contacting companies such as Sound and Vision to help me boost my creative writing goals. Also, I am hopefully basing my next BTEC Media project around my blog, this will also help me achieve my grades and improve this blog on the whole! Pleaaase give me feedback in the comments if you like/absolutely hated this post and where my blog is now going.

Thanks for the support,
Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...