Saturday 24 May 2014

Revlon Colour Burst Matte Balm in Elusive

Revlon Colour Burst Matte Balm in Elusive £7.99
This is the first Colour Burst balm that I've tried from Revlon- I've previously tried the MUA and Bourjois ones but they weren't a matte finish. As you may have seen in a previous post, im a matte lips girl rather than a glossy lips girl, so I'm so happy that Revlon released a matte version of the balms. The balm itself looks quite chalky upon application but isn't drying at all, it is very creamy and moisturising. Personally, I like how it looks semi chalky as it looks more matte- the pigmentation is fantastic. The smell of the product is the usual mintiness you'd expect from a balm- not too strong and doesn't make your lips tingle.

How much product is in the tube
Above you can see how much product there is in the tube, and there is a generous amount considering that you don't need much to complete an opaque coat on your lips- this'll last ages! The colour reminds me of Sleeks Matte Me in Petal mixed with Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial (I appear to have a strong colour scheme).

On lips swatch (note how perfect my makeup looks here...proud)
The only negative I have is that after a while, it can create a slightly white/baby pink ring around the inside of your lips where it is more moist than the product on your lips. This is easy to scratch away and looks perfect again.

Definitely want to try more of the collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...